Papa, also known as the Former King of All Cosmos, Emperor of All Cosmos, or Mr. Cosmos, is the previous King and father of the current King of All Cosmos. He was a very tough, no-nonsense man who wanted his son to become a top competitor and champion. However, after the King lost a boxing match, placing second, he took the second place trophy and threw it into a river. This created tensions between him and the King, ultimately resulting in a fight where the King would punch his father, who then simply walked away calmly.
However, Papa loved the King very much, and was proud of his near-victory. After seeing that he still had the trophy, the King apologized to Papa and the two became much closer. Introducing him to his girlfriend, the future Queen, the King spent time with them until Papa became ill and could no longer serve as King. Passing the crown to his son, he fell dramatically to his bed, as if dying, but was only asleep.
- The story of Papa and the King is shown in the We Love Katamari Cutscenes.
- Papa appears to only have one arm, which is shown to be coming from the center of his body.
- In Me & My Katamari, Papa appeared as a collectible item, standing in the very center of the ocean at the final stage of the Royal Monument level. He later reappared in the Cosmos during the Chateau Norte Desir level of Beautiful Katamari. He can be seen flying around in space, and eventually can be rolled up and added to your Collection.
- Papa is also depicted on the Beautiful Katamari playing cards, available for beating the Beautiful Katamari Memory Game on the Katamari website.
- Papa also appears in Tap My Katamari, alongside the Queen, celebrating when his grandson, the Prince, completes a stage.